Friday, February 12, 2010

Russ & Em's Story (Russ' version)






My awesome sister-in-law Olivia posted her "Quick Version of Falling in Love". I loved it so much, I copied the idea. Obviously, our story is different . . . well, you get the point. However, those of you who know me well, know that no story I tell is short. I will be as brief as possible.

Shortly after my mission to Peru (about 2 months after I returned home), I met Emily while playing Sardines at BYU-Idaho. After the game, I walked her home along with our friend Squelch. Squelch got distracted easy, so I was able to have almost a one on one visit on the way home. During our trip Emily suggest that we "go check out the stars at the observatory". Naturally I thought, "YES!!!! She wants to make-out". Stupid me. I later realized she REALLY DID want to check out the stars at the Observatory.


Only being home for a few months, marriage was the farthest thing from my mind. I just wanted to date a lot and get some kisses in here and there.

After a few other group dates while watching "Sandlot" I held her hand. She was a little slow on the affection side of things compared to what I was used to, hence "after a few other group dates". I tried to kiss her several times, but got rejected consistently. I think our first kiss was after dating for about 4 months. I felt that there was more to dating Emily than just kissing and having fun dates.

Wouldn't you know, after only dating for about 2 months, I knew we were going to get married. It took Emily another 2 months after that, to come to the same conclusion. I didn't share my conclusion with her. Her delay in coming to the conclusion was probably because her roommates would set goals with her as to when she was going to dump me . . . they did it on 3 different occasions, but she could never go through with it (thank goodness).

Long story a little bit shorter, I proposed to Emily on the stage of Guitars Unplugged (I was drumming for a friend of mine) in front of a very large crowd.


What a journey it has been, and I have loved every minute of it. Thank you sweetheart, I
love you!!!


7 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Hooray! I'm glad you guys liked my "love story" and thanks for sharing yours!

Love you both SO MUCH!

reddladybug said...

I remember those days. Good times!

Tori Bella said...

Cuuuuute!

Amy B. Jones said...

Very sweet. I'm going to have to copy your idea next week! :)

Carlson Family said...

Russ that is so sweet! Don't worry...I won't on that you are such a teddy bear about your amazing wife! Don't tell Emily I called her amazing. Ack! She reads this too! Ah well. You both rock! Now can I keep Miri??? :)

Jess and Carl said...

So cute and so perfect! I sure do miss you guys, you always made me feel so happy! I hope the goodtimes continue to roll and that maybe one day we will live close again!

Malesa said...

Aw, so sweet. I don't remember being part of those "break-up goals", but it does sound like something that I would get all into. If I did, sorry. You guys were made for each other!