Friday, April 1, 2011

Happy 30th to My Beautiful Bride!!!!

Happy Birthday Emily!!!! You have now reached my plateau!!!! I've been anxiously awaiting your climb to 30 as I sit up here all by myself . . . . . . .

As I was thinking about what to post about Emily, I thought maybe I could post about the best 30 things about her. I then decided that there are too many good things to limit myself to just 30 (come on folks, up top!!!! Brownie points for me for that last comment!!!).

Finally, since I am a little biased, I decided to list several of the comments that others tell me about Emily. Most, but not all, of these comments have been made to me without Emily present so as to not embarrass her.

  1. Her smile is contagious!!! - Sherm and Irene Carlson
  2. She's our own Vanna White!!!- Sherm and Irene Carlson
  3. Russell, if things don't work out with you two, I'm next in line - Wesley B. Carlson (my grandpa)
  4. She's so happy and content - Van Holland
  5. It seems like nothing can ever get her down - Van Holland
  6. Its too bad Gertrude (referring to Emily) isn't gorgeous or anything!! - Janelle Givens
  7. Shantel (referring to Emily) looks hot - Janelle Givens
  8. Em - You are as beautiful as ever! Russ - You're blessed.....to have Em as your wife - Darlene Svetz
  9. Em you are SO CUTE! - Olivia Carter
  10. I love you guys, but... Emily more. - Audra Divis
  11. You are so lucky Russ to have two of the cutest girls ever living with you :D!! - Jessica Carlson
  12. The two are really cute! - Kathinka Leinz
  13. Where did you find this woman?! (this was a compliment but it could be misunderstood since it's out of context). - Abraham Wise
There have been so many other compliments given of Emily and in my old age, I just can't remember them all.

Emily is so creative and so loving!!! Everyday I am amazed by her!!!!!

I love you sweetheart and I hope you enjoy your birthday today!!!!! Live it up since tomorrow Mirian gets the attention for her birthday . . . . . .

6 comments:

April Carter said...

I couldn't agree with you more! She is practically perfect in every way! mag

Bret and Sarah said...

Happy birthday Emily!
What a sweet post Russ!! Good boy!!!
P.S. Grandpa was pretty smooth eh?

Em and Russ said...

You get lots of brownie points! I love you too! Thanks you!

Olivia Carter said...

YAY Emily! Love her! Send her our LOVE!

James and Audra said...

Em, is pretty awesome, and I do love her more, sorry Russ. You are pretty cool for marrying my dear friend though! Happy B-day Em! Love YA!!

Unknown said...

How did you get so lucky? She really is amazing. Be sure to take good care of your amazing girls, and remember that part of that means bringing them to see me!