Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Carter Family Competition

So as the Carters do so well, they've created a new family competition. It is so helpful when we have these competitions because it's the motivation that we've all been looking for. You are welcome to follow the program that we've been following. Feel free to check out the blog for some helpful guidelines. We've been doing the competition for about a week now and I have to say we are cruising forward.

We are eating healthier, exercising more (versus almost zero), doing service for each other, reading more, etc. This has been a great competition so far, and it's only just begun.

I've (Russ) lost 11 lbs as of this morning (8 days into the competition). We are planning on doing this for 8 weeks so if my one week of history keeps up, I'll have lost 56 lbs . . . . . . okay so it won't and I don't want to lose 56 lbs, but it still gets me excited to keep going. Last week I walk/ran just over 12 miles. My goal for this week is to run for 30 minutes straight before Sunday.

Here's to hoping . . . . . . .

Emily and I work together on our strength training. Most of the time we are working on either our arms or our abs. As we lay on the floor doing our abs, Mirian likes to come over and climb all over us (mostly on Emily).

We recently got Mirian to "exercise" with us. This really only involves her laying on the floor next to us and putting her arms and feet in the air for about 2 seconds, but it is oh so cute!!!!! What sweetheart she is!!!!

1 comment:

April Carter said...

Yes,. you guys are the biggest competition. Good job!